Monday 1 June 2015

Brrrr .... Baby it's cold outside!

After more than a decade of the gypsy wandering lifestyle the Freckles have settled down (we hope!). We wanted to make our resting point a place that was big enough, but small enough, near enough but far enough and warm enough but cool enough.... And this morning we got the cool enough! In fact it was our first frosty morning ever!!!!

Getting out of bed this morning was hard enough as the dreaded lurgy hit me two nights ago, and whilst I am loads better another 38 hours sleep wouldn't go astray. But after Mr Freckle and I played the wordless heater on/off game (I turn it on cause I am freezing/he turns it off because I swear that man has the Sahara inside him/I turn it on because I can't feel my fingertips/he turns it off because cold is refreshing etc etc) he went outside to take a couple of Freckles to school and this is what he discovered:

All freckles were then called out to view the wonder that coastal dwellers like us had never seen before! And he even got a sneaky photo of me. I believe I was saying "this justifies my heater usage for time immemorial" ... Or something like that....
(Note: Grandma slipper. I am not ashamed of my grandma slippers).

So, to my neighbours, I apologise for the loud excited squeals of children running on the front lawn at 7:45 this morning screaming something along the lines of "i need my slippers on" and "wow, it's like a slushy on my feet". I can't guarantee it won't happen again but I assure you next time they will have their slippers on!


1 comment: